JH Media
this site the web

Conventions of a Contents Page (LIIAR)

While researching/studying magazines, these are my findings upon the conventions of a contents page:
- Relevant pictures to Articles
- Page Numbers
- Sub Headings
- Colour (Co-ordinated)
- Brief Descriptions
- Images

LIIAR:
- Langauge: Again,
The language is relevant to the intended audience, or who the magazine is going to appeal to. The subheadings have to be relevant to the articles inside the magazine. like the subheading "New Curriculum" would be extremely relevant to an article about a new curriculum and way of learning. The language also has to be relevant to the genre, audience and possibly the cover. I will have to look into contents pages and so my own research into how to word my own contents page, and to make sure it follows he conventions to make it as successful as possible.

-
Institution: Unknown.

-
Ideology: The Ideology of a contents page are the values. For example the values of a contents page is that it navigates, it shows the reader where the content is, it maps out the magazine. This is also something i may have to research for my college magazine.

-
Audience: The audience is the same as the cover. The contents page has to use things like Images/Photos, language and layout to keep the right audience reading, as does the cover. Again something I will research when I come to making my magazine.

- Representation: Representation is shown by the most of the above. Everything is represented in some way through media. The articles will be displayed as interesting, eye catching pieces, not boring pointless articles.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Jordan Harrison.

Studied Product design and Btec Art and Design at Secondary School. Now working towards his Graphic Design career would love for you to get in touch about any work for him! Email me!

This Blog.

Is for the purpose of posting and displaying my AS Media Coursework only, Please do NOT comment for social purposes. For that, Look to the links section and contact me on my Phone Email or Home Email, or add me on either of the social network sites.